Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday January 26, 2014

Hello All!

Been really busy, so I will just show you what I've been up to.

In a previous post, I told you about the Bra Art Auction for the local Womens Health Center and showed you my first piece.  I showed the second one that I started and wasn't sure where to go on it, Well, really I still don't, but here is where its progressed:
Now where do I go with it? IDK  :/

Anyway, On a FB page I like about our beautiful state, I saw a barn I was drawn to do.  After being granted permission from the photographer, GR Photography, I painted it.  Its much cooler in person, I need to spend time getting a good picture that brings in all the nuances of it.  Here it is:
I was also trying to do a couple "postcards" for an auction for a museum about 3 hours from here.  I didn't get the word until almost too late, but I got one done.  After checking the website, they need to be in by tomorrow.  I don't think its going to happen.  But here is the one I got done...

Why a cow, you ask?  I don't know.  Just saw this guy out next to the road watching cars go by, and went back to take a pic.  So, couldn't waste all that effort....  make him a postcard!  Besides, the postcards are 4x6, and I usually paint in 16x20.  This is my effort to scale down a little.

On week 4 of the Journal52 effort, I am behind by two weeks.  OH, boy!  We are only 4 weeks in!

Still working on the friends new house welcome sign.  Wish me luck on that one.  Seems to be one of those projects that wants to take the hard way around. 

At any rate, I think I will leave it at that this week.   Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...