Saturday, January 11, 2014

January 11, 2014

This week we have  lived through a POLAR VORTEX.  Last Saturday we received about 12 inches of powdery snow.   We probably could have dealt with that, except for the wind, that gusted 25 to 30 mph and kept the windchills down to -45F.   Everything was shut down.  Its been kind of productive with art since I was stuck in the house... but now its +45 and everything is melting and slick.  80 degrees difference in one week.  Crazy!

Anyway... been doing some oddball things.  Another piece of Bra Art in progress:

And this pic that I printed off the web a while ago, (I don't know where) I did in colored pencil, and its not exact anyways. ..

And this barn that I took a pic of up north last winter, I have been wanting to do and now that I have done it, I am wondering why.  It just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.  Like it in the photograph, just not crazy about my rendition...

Then I have started the Journal52 Art Journal this week.  This weeks assignment is "Up, Up and Away!"  I see so much wonderful art in this group and its intimidating, and it isn't what I usually do.  I am going to try to stay true to myself and hang in there... and do better.  Although I usually fly by the first thing that pops into my head, (its served me well on most things) I want to start putting more thought into it.  These ladies ROCK in this group... and THIS is what I came up with...
Oh well, we go UP from here, right?  Thanks to my friends, Shells and Terri for talking me into not giving up after week one.


1 comment:

  1. I love your puppy drawing! As for the barn, perhaps it could be a mixed media experiment - add some more texture and dimension?

    Oddly enough here in east central Vermont we didn't get the polar vortex nearly as badly as many places farther south. Not complaining.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...