Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 25, 2013 Memorial Day weekend


I always buy a package of the tulips they sell for Breast Cancer Research.  This is the tulip for this year.  I think its supposed to be Pink and White, or at least its pinker on the package from the bulbs.. Anyway they are stunning!  Our granddog Luna was sniffing this one just before I took the pic, so now it looks like GIANT TULIPS!


I think these are some previous years Breast Cancer Tulips.  Still pretty!

 
My flowering crab tree in beautiful bloom! Love the rosiness of it!


A peek at last weeks garden.  Most of it is gone already to this weeks loveliness that I will take pictures of and post along the way.  Will be enjoying planting more this weekend, although it should be safe to plant on Memorial Day weekend we have had frost warnings for the last two nights, so we have been covering the annuals and tomato plants at night.  Looks like the farmer planted corn behind us last week and its already starting to show, want to take pics of that field as it grows too.  There is a beauty in even corn growing!  I can sit on my deck, watch the sun  go down and listen to the corn grow!  Its been a bean field for a few years now, not as much fun to listen to! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...