Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21, 2013

Hello, Its been awhile.  Not much, How bout you?... been such a long time I guess I really just wanted to talk to you...

Our boys were home for a few days.  I love having them home.  It's just a sense of our family all together again.  Makes me want to cook and plan the whole time they are home.  Of course, they have their agendas too, and want to see their friends when they come home too.  OK, I'll share.  :/  It's particularly nice when their friends come here to visit!  So many of them we got to know well while the boys grew up, that we miss them too!  So we cram what we can into the few days they are home!  I kinda go through withdrawls when they leave and the house gets quiet again.

Therefore, its a damn good thing I have an art room.  Not that it solves the worlds problems, but if I keep myself busy, I am not thinking about how much I miss my boys, and if I am going to get that job I interviewed for, and all those people in Oklahoma.  I have been praying many times a day for all of that.

My friend Terri needed a baby shower present, so I made up a couple of these for her... they are curing before I bake them to make the paint permanent, and we'll add a bow to the stem to finish them off...

Then I remembered I started this for the Bird house auction.... so I finished this:



Then I had a kitchen drawer front that I did this to...  upcycling!


And I found a cool picture on the web for a travel destination that I just HAD to try to paint.  I think I like it... its still drying, and I have touch-ups on the boats in the background, but for the most part, I think I am done.


Spring has finally sprung and I have been spending time in the garden, and there is a ton of outside jobs to do, so painting the fun stuff will probably slow to a stop for the next few months.

I am going to display at our local First Fridays in June, but not July, but will in Aug, Sept, and Oct.

Join me in prayers for the folks in Oklahoma.  We should all do what we can... the only difference between them and us is geography.  That could happen anywhere.  And has.  What would you need to have in your life if you just found your world flattened?  

Take care.  Hug those you love everyday.  Call home often. You just never know.




1 comment:

  1. They all look great and the glasses are a great idea for a baby shower gift.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...