Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday May 22, 2016

Just realized that its been a couple weeks since I posted!
I haven't really done any art.  I have found a walking buddy and since the weather has warmed, we get out there when we can.  I also have been working overtime at work, so by the time dinner, cleanup, walk is done, its time to go to bed and get up to do it all over again.
I did do this though.  I am trying to make silk purses out of sows ears again.  I ran across some old mats that I had tucked away.  I mean, these are OLD!  Yellowing, bent, stained, yuckked up.  I just have to try to make them over.  If not, nothing hurt, then I feel like I tried to save them, and it didn't work. But gotta TRY!
Here is an 11x14 white mat, with a 8x10 opening, that had seen its better days...

 As you might be able to see, there is a bend in it...
So I disguised it!  I don't have anything to put it said mat at the moment, but will keep it for sometime soon.
 Here is a start for the upcoming (Fall) Bonsai exhibition.  Not sure where to go with it from here.
And I have been working on this one since last year.  I get to the boring flowers, and its just like wading through mud.  Soooo boring...!
Well, thats about it for this week.
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...