Saturday, September 12, 2015

Saturday September 12, 2015

Ever have plans for the day, and then at the end of the day, realize that very little of it was what you had originally planned?  This was one of those days.

On my calendar, it said, "Village Garage Sale", (I was going to have one) it said, "5K Walk for Cancer", and "WINERY".

I opted out of the Garage Sale when I realized the 5K that we do each year was on the same day.  4 days ago we got a notice that the 5K had been cancelled.  (you can't just throw a Garage Sale together at such a late date... and it rained anyway)

A buddy of ours that plays in a band was supposed to play at the Winery tonight. It would have been a beautiful evening to be out there, (the rain gave way to blue skies by then) but he let us know this morning that there was a schedule change and they weren't playing there tonight.

So, its good to stay flexible, I guess.

What I did accomplish is, my friend Christy and I got our wine bottle chair turned in for the CHAIRity Auction.  63 bottles of different shapes and sizes and colors.  We named it, "Wasn't that a Party?"
It was kind of a debacle... We had to remove the back of it because it wouldn't fit into our truck with the cap on the back, so we had to reassemble it when we got to the library.  The white stuff you see on the back is silicone adhesive that will turn clear when dry.  

Then I showed the tree I painted at cousin Marges house a while back.  Well she has been a framing fool and wanted me to come over to help get them up on the tree.  This is what we ended up with and we have room for growth.  She is tickled pink.


Thinking that although there is nothing on the calendar for tomorrow, it might as well stay that way, because plans change anyway, so you just have to find other ways to be productive!

Stay tuned!

PS Just a quick addition to my weekend fun:
Another scrap cupboard door that I decked out today.  That was fun!

2 comments:

  1. That tree looks SO GOOD! And her husband should be happy the frames don't cover much of it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca! I think he is happy about that but now that its done, I think he likes it. I don't know if he visualized it before. He was smiling when I left anyway! Appreciate the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think...