Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday September 22, 2014

The weather is getting chilly.  I have lots of big projects in the garage that still need to be done.  Paint doesn't work well under 50* so I usually have only June, July and August to do these projects, but hopefully I can squeek out a few more days in September.  And oh, yeah, the deck rails and the back porch still need paint as well as the garage doors.  The last few weekends have been rainy and... I am just going to quit making excuses right now.  Its all FALLS fault.  It is coming way to early and Summer just wasn't long enough. Grrr.

Next Sunday is the Bonsai event, and I turned in my piece yesterday.  This is kind of the first artist exhibition I have done besides the First Friday events.  My bonsai was the Yew and I suppose I can reveal it here, now:

Have you seen the 'sharpie on ceramic' stuff going on?  I happened to be passing by a clearance rack and got a DEAL on this serving bowl... and because it was JUST white, it was a canvas....


The weather was crappy this weekend so it gave me time to pull out those sepia markers again...
I know, I know... birds nest in the spring and its a fall tree... its been pointed out to me!  Through the magic of art, it can happen!

More to follow!  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...