Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunday March 12, 2017

Here's a thought:  Never let a dress code get in the way of fun socks! Words to live by! lol.

Well the hockey helmet was a hit:

Since I have been taking this watercolor class, I have been less than impressed with the results.  At this point, I think I will leave the watercolor to the watercolorists because I apparently am not one!  I have found that with some of my pen and inks, that I can color in the backgrounds.  I am sometimes daunted by doing backgrounds because you can really screw up a piece by doing something bad to the background.  But here is one of the pieces I have 'helped' with the watercolors:  The browns in the car and the light blue in the car are inks.
  
The first assignment... we were supposed to learn leading lines into the painting, mountains, and trees.  I guess my lack of ever SEEING mountains hampered me... I am more of an Up North girl and this looks very "Up Northish"
  The Porch is something I wanted to do for awhile.  I just noticed I forgot to finish the dog sleeping on the porch.

The light house is also unfinished, I see, with the roof not visible here.

This is what I am working on for next week.










Then sometimes, you just have to do something that you are familiar with, (ahhh... back to colored pencils and ink!)  Just to prove to yourself that you can do it!

 SO, this has been a major block in my artroom.  A dumpster save that I thought I could do something with... Its just BIG, and there isn't room in there for it.  What do you do with it?  Gesso and paint it of course!  I did it in a wine theme for the Art and Wine event coming up.   Its 24x24 and so heavy it needs a cleat on the back for hanging... It took me a week, but I feel redeemed, like I actually should have paints in my possession.



Well thats what I have been up to.  Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...