Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thursday Sept. 29, 2016

An old friend asked me if I could paint something for her again.  Last year, I think I blogged here that I painted an old oar that her hubby had with a fish as a gift for him for Christmas.  I did, and he loved it.  Here is what it looked like:

 

This year, she asked me if I could paint a window that came out of his childhood home, that would look like a bird on a branch outside of the window.  A cardinal, please.  Sure.  I don't think its a gift, but a request.  Something sentimental for the gentleman, please.

When I got it from her, there was  a crack across the top pane and she said not to worry about that. Doesn't need to be painted.  OK.  So I did.  Here is how it turned out...
Close up
 whole view>>

I have heard some say that when a cardinal is near so are your loved ones from heaven. 

I hope this hangs in their home for many years to come.













Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...