Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hmmm, here we are on the last weekend of September.   Despite the continuous proverbial hanging on by the fingernails on the season of summer, its leaving, and the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting cooler.  So I sit on my front porch a little longer, keep the windows open when its cooler than comfortable, and I will not, nope, will NOT hang out the fall wreath yet.  So there!

To do Blogtoberfest, or not to do Blogtoberfest, that is the question...

Life is going to be busy for the next couple weeks so I am also trying to get in all the art I can. (housework be damned!) So remember a while back, I bought a pretty big canvas for a call for art for a new massage place, but I didn't get it started in time? (I bought the canvas on the same day it should have been turned IN.)  Well, that blank canvas has been just hanging around taunting me.

So... yesterday as I was in the parking lot of a favorite store, we noticed THESE:
 I don't know if they were looking for their cars in the parking lot or seeing what parking lots were all about but they were not in any hurry or alarmed at all.  An hour later, when we came out of the store, they were still hanging out, entertaining everyone.

So, on the way home, I was thinking of them, and then BAZINGA! I remembered that canvas.  Its like 24 x 48.  and I did most of it last night, finished up at 6am this morning.  I didn't think the cars in the background did anything for them, so I used a new technique that I never have done before, where you squirt the wet paint and let it run.  Cool effect!  My first experience with Liquid Frisket.  A liquid masking stuff that you paint on everything you DON'T want paint on. Kind fun, even if a little pricey.
Since I took this picture, I have made the 'drumsticks' a little less pronounced, and the feathers lighter on the bird on the left.   Funny how putting on the computer makes you see things you didn't before.


<WIP to show background

So, thats the end of my tomfoolery this week.   Have a good week, and I will see you in October!  I haven't decided yet to do Blogtoberfest, but you will be the first to know.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...